Monday, August 12, 2013

Ken Jennings is a Believer!

Ken Jennings, the greatest champion in Jeopardy! history, believed without a shadow of doubt in his souls calling.

I just finished reading his book "Brainiac" Adventures in the Curious, Competitive Compulsive World of Trivia Buffs.

On page 185 Ken writes, "Jeopardy! is the first time in my life I ever dreamed an improbable dream and did something about it. It's out of character for me. And yet somehow, the fourth-down gamble paid off. Here I stand, doing something I'm good at for a change - and the rewards have been hundreds of times greater than those for any of the safe, practical, responsible choices I'd spend the rest of my life making."

Like Wow! Think about it... are you one of those people are who doing what you think you are suppose to be doing? Are you playing it safe, instead of following what you truly believe in your heart you should be doing?

Ken Jennings was playing it safe for as long as he could being an unhappy software programmer. Until he just had to go for it and pursue his dream of being on Jeopardy!

Here's a great story to tell of the rewards of following your passion.

With Love & Light ~

No comments:

Post a Comment